login info & promos join!

Forums > Clever Marketing > Marketing For Self-Published Authors

New Topic|Reply

Author
Leslie Gonzales

Hello all, I'm new to the game having just published my first novel through CreateSpace and I am looking for some creative marketing tips or ideas that has helped other authors just like me. My goal isn't to sell a million copies, although that would be just wonderful, but I do want to reach as many readers as possible.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2015 Jun 02 05:06 am |Quote

Author
power9
first, depends on your budget. Do you want to spend 0$ to promote your book? Or do you want to spend a few dollars, or spend several digits? But, of course, I assume that you want to spend 0$ to promote your book. First, set up your twitter and Facebook account, and any other social media as more as you can. next step, of course, you should add as more as friend or follower in your account: the only way I am doing now is that i try to follow stranger and hope stranger follow me back, lol, i know it is not very useful, but i tried it anyway, so, follow me, i will follow you back, https://twitter.com/kzpower9 . The next step,  ask yourself, who will be your reader and connect them, this is the most important and crucial part here. Even if the God let you connect to million of readers, and those readers all are fan of mystery fiction and your book is romance, you still have no reader. Basically, there all i have so far, because i am a new author who just come to this writing field as well as you. I hope I can help you. 
2014 Jan 29 06:01:51 am | Quote

Author
Sandy Cook
Quote:

Hello all, I\'m new to the game having just published my first novel through CreateSpace and I am looking for some creative marketing tips or ideas that has helped other authors just like me. My goal isn\'t to sell a million copies, although that would be just wonderful, but I do want to reach as many readers as possible.

HI Leslie,

I see you wrote this several months back.  Have you found any great plans of attack or resources yet?  I'm trying to focus on the marketing aspect right now, but am finding it difficult to get things moving in the right direction.  It feels like moving a luxury cruise ship with a trolling motor! LOL!

Here's wishing you success.
Sandy
2014 May 28 08:05:30 am | Quote

Literary Agent
Robin Casteel
Quote:

It feels like moving a luxury cruise ship with a trolling motor! LOL! 

I could not have said that better myself!   Amen sister!!
2014 Aug 12 06:08:45 am | Quote

Cover Designer
Gary Val Tenuta
Quote:

Hello all, I\'m new to the game having just published my first novel through CreateSpace and I am looking for some creative marketing tips or ideas that has helped other authors just like me. My goal isn\'t to sell a million copies, although that would be just wonderful, but I do want to reach as many readers as possible.

I've been in the indie trenches since 2007 and my first book became an amazon bestseller for over 57 weeks. That was 8 years ago when the self-pub thing was really just beginning. My next book, 3 years later? Not so much. Not even close. What about my novellas and novelettes? Hardly a bite. So what's going on? I finally figured it out: an over saturated market. I blogged about it here: http://garyvaltenuta.blogspot.com/2013_08_01_archive.html

The Indie Book Promo - ain't gonna do it no mo'- welcome to my pity party - somebody shoot me boogie blues

2015 May 27 10:05:38 pm | Quote

Author
Uri Newman

Hello!

My new children's book
"Small and Tall" is attached to the mail.

I would really like
you to have an honest review.

It's also on the
Amazon kindle as an eBook, available 01 June- 05 June, for free.

http://www.amazon.com/Small-Tall-Uri-Newman-ebook/dp/B00WEO63X8/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1433106493&sr=1-1&keywords=small+and+tall

Yours,

Uri

2015 Jun 02 05:06:45 am | Quote

main | browse | events | forums | shout | info & promos |contact admin| join!

© 1998 - 2017 Kindle Mojo! All Rights Reserved.

issues signing up| Lost password?