login info & promos join!

Forums > FAQ > Tips on using the site

New Topic|Reply

Ask me Anything
Tom
I'm getting a lot of questions about how to use this site.  Let me just say that it's a little more complicated than most of the book sites you might be used to using.  It was built on the framework designed for a modeling website.  That being said we are slowly adapting it to be something different.

The framework we chose is highly interactive.  This gives the members full control over their profiles which is different from the old site. 

I will be adding tips on this thread how to interact with the site and other members:  By all means feel free to chime in with your suggestions.

2015 Jul 24 09:07 am |Quote

Ask me Anything
Tom
The Bio:

If people click your profile from the main page and you haven't added a bio this is a dead end and people who might otherwise have moved on to your sales page or blog will bounce.

The bio is perhaps the most important component of your profile:

To edit the bio follow these steps from the main page:
click "mystuff" on the black menu bar then you will see a series of links to the left - Click "edit bio"

A text box will open up and you can type or paste (from a plain text file, we are having some formatting issues when pasting directly from MS word) your text there.

Tip: notice the row of icons at the top of the text box.  You can highlight words and click the link icon to add a hyper link to wherever you want to.)  I highly suggest you add all of your social media in this section as well as links to your individual books on Amazon.

Click Save and you are golden.

Tip: You can also add a main link under your name at the top of your bio in the "mystuff" menu.
Click the link under the settings: "My Account Info."  There is a box near the bottom "website" you can paste the link in.  I highly suggest that you use your Amazon Writer's profile and use the links in the bio for your blog and other social media.

Message me with any further questions.
2013 Jun 09 03:06:08 am | Quote

Ask me Anything
Tom
Tips on adding Multimedia:

video:

If you notice on the front page there is a random video window:  If you post a video in the "mystuff" menu it will be rotated randomly through the front page. 

To do this:
Go to the "mystuff" menu and click "Manage Videos" There you can paste in links from your Youtube account.  Book trailers, interviews, and book commentary are all welcome.  Please limit your videos to book related material.

Sound Clips on your bio page:

In the "mystuff" menu click "Manage Audio" You can upload mp3 files and they will appear on your bio page in a player.  There is a 10mb limit to the audio file size, so if you are having trouble check the size of your file.
2013 Jun 09 03:06:14 am | Quote

Ask me Anything
Tom
To insert an image into the forum:

If you want to post a photo in the forum as such:

it must already be online.

1. go to the image you wish to post and right click on it, pick copy image location.
2 You can then go to the forums and either reply to a post (link) or start a new topic (link) Top right blue links. In the txt box that opens up you will see a row of icons, much like the old MS Word. Click the "Insert image" (tip: mouse over them and stop for descriptions)
3. Paste the link for the picture in the box (it starts with HTTP:// - paste over this as you will have copied the full link.)
4 Click the "insert image" button.

You are golden.

You can't make pictures links at this point, but we are working on that.

2013 Jun 22 12:06:15 pm | Quote

Author
Conor Corderoy
Hi Tom, I would really like to post my bio and some stuff about me, but there is no way to do it. I have tride going to my stuff, but there is no listing for edit bio. I cannot find anything to click on to be able to write about myself on my profile...please help

Conor
2013 Nov 19 07:11:01 am | Quote

Author
Olivia Mungal
Quote:
Hi Tom, I would really like to post my bio and some stuff about me, but there is no way to do it. I have tride going to my stuff, but there is no listing for edit bio. I cannot find anything to click on to be able to write about myself on my profile...please help

Conor

I'm having the exact same problem : (  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Otherwise, I'm loving Kindle Mojo!
2013 Nov 23 07:11:16 am | Quote

Author
Preston Randall

Hi Tom. I tried pasting my video link into mystuff at "managing videos" but keeping getting an error message saying "youtube links only" Here is the link that I am trying to add:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52aTP6nZnaw

Thanks,

Preston

2015 Jul 24 09:07:34 am | Quote

main | browse | events | forums | shout | info & promos |contact admin| join!

© 1998 - 2017 Kindle Mojo! All Rights Reserved.

issues signing up| Lost password?