login info & promos join!

Forums > Social media marketing > Using social media to market books

New Topic|Reply

Ask me Anything
Tom
I personally have had some good luck with twitter, especially when I am
having a free promo. Using Hoot Suite I can set the tweets to go out
every hour for 24 hours.

I did this for one writer who gave away 9000 copies of her book "Goodby Julie Moon."

You
have to make sure that the link you tweet goes directly to the Amazon
page not to your blog or some other promo page. People tend to be lazy
and ar only good for one or two clicks once they leave twitter for the
promo.

Make sure you use the appropriate hashtags as well.

Groom your accounts for spammers.

follow the followers of other authors who write similar genera as you. Follow followers of TV shows in your genera. I follow Rescue Me, Nurse Jackie, and Chicago Fire Followers for Trauma Junkie and Revolution and Defiance for Shades of Amber. You can use the paid features of a tool like Tweepi to do this in a very short time.

2015 May 31 09:05 am |Quote

Editor
Lauren McDade
I hope you don't mind if tack this onto your post, Tom. For anyone wanting to reach a broader audience through social media as you've suggested, here is an infographic estimating the best times to do it that might be useful. 

2013 Jun 09 02:06:58 pm | Quote

Ask me Anything
Tom
Quote:
I hope you don't mind if tack this onto your post, Tom. For anyone wanting to reach a broader audience through social media as you've suggested, here is an infographic estimating the best times to do it that might be useful. 

Not at all - though I assume you are going to post a chart.  I'd be very interested in checking it out.
2013 Jun 10 03:06:26 am | Quote

Ask me Anything
Tom
Quote:
Quote:

Not at all - though I assume you are going to post a chart.  I'd be very interested in checking it out.

I usually set my tweets for 24 hours.  There are a lot of users in the UK and we are starting to get a good draw from the folks down under as well.
2013 Jun 10 03:06:42 am | Quote

Book Promoter
Sophie Gifford
 Tom, I've been following your advice about following the followers of your genre in twitter and have had 10 new followers in 2 days. Not your 80k but still pleased with that result!
2013 Nov 13 03:11:44 pm | Quote

Author
Paul Kater

Another good way to get your word out is have a group of people who are willing to retweet your tweets. Everyone has their own spread of followers, so when e.g. 10 people with an average of 300 followers each will retweet for each other you quickly build up a reach of 3000 people.

It's a concept that works, I've seen that.

2013 Dec 18 12:12:35 am | Quote

Author
TerrillDavis
Quote:

Another good way to get your word out is have a group of people who are willing to retweet your tweets. Everyone has their own spread of followers, so when e.g. 10 people with an average of 300 followers each will retweet for each other you quickly build up a reach of 3000 people.

I totally agree with that.  In fact they have a retweet group.  The Indie Authors Retweet group.  Just put #IARTG in your tweet and they will retweet it.  It's access to 5k followers.
2013 Dec 19 10:12:52 am | Quote

Author
Justin Bienvenue
I kind of disagree with that chart of social media. I've come across another chart that suggests when to post on certain days and it coincides with the list here on Friday's and weekends. When it comes to Facebook and Twitter I've read that the best time to post is Thursday and Friday evenings and on Friday's after 5 and during weekends as this is when people are mostly off work and well tend to be more likely to browse the internet. I'm not saying this chart is wrong I'm merely saying I've read elsewhere about different results during peak and off peak hours during the day.

I just joined Pinterest and I haven't really paid attention to when people are on. I've been putting images together and pinning to boards after 7 p.m as it gives me time to browse what I like and time to post without distraction. I've received a few likes and follows but again I'm still learning the site.

Back to Twitter for a moment, I've noticed at times Twitter is really hard to put an accurate time table on as if you go on their frequently you'll notice constant posts within at least 20 minutes. Though many could be setting a time to which tweets automatically post. That is a valuable asset for Twitter which is scheduling tweets throughout the day.
2015 Mar 19 12:03:04 pm | Quote

Author
Marie Kazalia
Quote:

Yes, and if this group / forum is up to it, we can all do a Twitter tweet share. I have over 50K total followers across a few accounts. I will tweet your tweet if you will tweet mine. 

Make sure that you have the correct count / not too long!

Post your tweet with link and your twitter handle, and then tweet each other. 

My Tweet:

Follow @Artozon @Transartguide @Transmediartist @Transgressor @PortraitsAfrica @ChrisOart

2015 May 31 09:05:55 am | Quote

main | browse | events | forums | shout | info & promos |contact admin| join!

© 1998 - 2017 Kindle Mojo! All Rights Reserved.

issues signing up| Lost password?